PCB, which stands for the printed circuit board, is the backbone of electronic equipment to huge bulky machines. With the advent of the industrial revolution, to the ongoing approach toward industrial revolution 4.0, the need of machines as erupted in a short time. To cater to this need, electronics and telecommunication engineering has adapted itself to bring the desired result to the new technology thirst. Every machine works over a set of circuits.
Most of them are built in the form of circuit boards, and these boards are made by designing and printing. The soft part of this process is designing while the physical part is printing the circuits over the board.
The physical part i.e., printing and making the board, is done using different techniques. These circuit boards are printed using the following techniques.
- Iron on Glossy paper method usually used for complex circuits
- Circuit by hand on PCB used for simple circuits.
- Laser cutting edge etching, which is an industrial method of making circuit boards
However, before printing your circuit board, the designing of your board needed to be done. This requires efficient software to form a layout of your PCB. This software requires an updated Windows Operating system to work for smooth working. For new and upgraded and fast process window 10 will support, and for this, you can avail keysight offer. Keysight technology provides a proposal to upgrade the windows from 7 to 10.
So here are some of the best software for PCB designing.
- Altium designer – Used over windows operating software, Altium is an electronic design automation software used to design printed circuit boards. It provides #D editing of the board, which makes it the best option. Apart from the 3D feature, it gives FPGA development and data management.
- TinyCAD – as it comes with a symbol library, it makes it easy for the user to get the design ready and printed. Users can just copy and paste the design in Microsoft word or save it in image formate and get it printed.
- Kicad – it is an open-source general public license (GPL) software that is used for making circuit diagrams and making PCBs. It is capable of making systematic diagrams and printed boards up to 16 layers, which makes it a good option.
- PCB web designer – it is a free CAD designing software that has the feature of multi-sheet schematics and a user-friendly interface for designing circuit boards.
- Darkspark PCB – it is the most accessible software to print and make circuit boards. It is easy to use, so it reduces time consumption in making PCBs. It is also easy to learn and use, which makes it one of the best options.
- EasyEDA – another excellent option for designing PCB is EasyEDA, which is free, web, and cloud-based EDA software. Some of the features of EasyEDA are mixed-mode circuit simulation and PCB designing in-browser environment.
Circuit boards are the simplified part of the complex circuits. These need to be designed using expertise and a suitable web tool to make designing easy and time-saving. These software makes the designing part easier and effective and helps to innovate new designs to gear up the tech-world.