First of all, what is a virtual private server and what is it for? A VPS Server India is a perfect choice dfor those who need to scale a shared hosting but cannot afford a monthly dedicated hosting service.
Some dedicated hosting plans may exceed prices because it is dedicated to the client; instead, with a VPS server, the costs are lower, and being virtualized guarantee a better performance for websites that exceed a high amount of traffic.
How does VPS work?
A virtual server or VPS is a virtualized server. It is one of the most common and in-demand types of hosting due to the options offered to the user to acquire a virtualized server with the same characteristics of a dedicated hosting server.
To manage a VPS, it is necessary to have much more technical experience. Unlike a shared cPanel hosting account, the VPS needs more maintenance and protection in security matters since each VPS manages its configuration and operating system.
It uses a main physical server that is responsible for partitioning or dividing its resources (RAM, CPU, storage) through software such as proxmox and generates a separate virtual environment for each VPS server hosted on the same physical server. A VPS works as shared hosting with the difference that you can install the operating system you need and set your RAM or CPU quota.
With a VPS Server India, you can have root access and add an extra touch of security.
What is VPS for?
A VPS server gives you an almost unlimited amount of options to get the most out of it. Now, we will talk about everything you can do with a VPS and how to make the most of it make money or use it for personal purposes.
- With VPS hosting, you can host high traffic web pages and set up your reseller hosting company.
- You can host web or mobile applications by making a proper configuration and giving protection on security issues.
- You can use your VPS hosting as a game server.
- If you like to monetize, you can mount a VOIP server.
- You can use it as a private server to develop and test applications.
- If you are interested in generating income with your server, it offers streaming services for radios.
- It also gives you the option to have your private cloud and make backups of your private files.
Server Configuration to Consider in VPS
Server configuration plays an essential role in the speed and performance of your website. The processor capacity they offer you, how much RAM they assign to you, and how much disk space you will have – everything influences the operation of your page. Besides, you should investigate the specifications of the node in which your VPS server is hosted. Learn how to best optimize your VPS Server. Some features you could review include:
- RAM and server storage – how much is offered compared to how much you need based on your traffic expectations.
- Data transfer – are there restrictions? If so, what happens if you exceed the limits?
- Distributions – What are your options regarding the operating system of your VPS? Will you have to run your site based on a specific Linux distribution? It is essential that the supplier supplies the correct distribution of the operating system and updates it regularly.
- Backups – What are the provider’s backup protocols? How do you protect your data and the architecture of your site?
- IP Address – How many IP addresses are included in your service? What is the cost of each additional IP address?
Managed vs. Unmanaged VPS Server India
Since the hosting provider will give you the full VPS server, you will have to decide who will be responsible for the maintenance and operation of the server. If it will be your provider, it is a managed plan; if it will be you, it is an unmanaged plan.
So, if you are an experienced computer scientist who knows in detail how a server works, you could choose an unmanaged plan. Otherwise, you better choose a managed plan.